Beers I've sampledA list of beers I've sampled (~145) and want to sample (~80) with my random comments. How did I sample so many beers? I was lucky enough to meet several "beer snobs" while a student at Wichita State, and then spent a year in Brussels, Belgium (AKA Beer Heaven) sampling all kinds of European beers without the stiff price found at US stores.
Some of my favorites are:
- German wheat beers (weiss, weizen) such as Erdinger hefeweizen, Tucher weiss and Pinkus weizen
- Belgian wheat beers (wit) such as Brugs tarwebier, Celis White and Dentergems
- Belgian ales such as Straffe Hendrick
- German maerzens such as Ayinger Oktoberfest-Maerzen
- German lagers such as "any and all of them"
- sweet, dark beers such as Douglas Scotch Ale and Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
If you know of a particularly good beer that I may like, send me some email
- The Real Beer Page - forums, tips, advice.
- Beer Info
- William's Brewing - brewing supplies (recommended)
- Spencer's Beer Page by Spencer Thomas
- Benelux Beer Guide - beers of BElgium, NEtherlands and LUXemborg (BE-NE-LUX)